Re: Fedora X as imap server mx0? Workable?

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 10:48 +0100, Frank Murphy (Frankly3d) wrote:
Would Fedora X(Current)
work as an imap server
with a CentOS as a backup

The other way around would be more practical, you want an IMAP server on
something with longevity (likewise for any other server where you'd have
to faff around with keeping data and configuration across numerous OS
upgrades).  Fedora doesn't have longevity.

I see it the way you do, CentOS is a good platform for servers, My current needs are met by a backup server running CentOS in a VM image in Fedora/KVM. That way I have "identical" machines. Clearly this is an issue if you have so much load that the slight overhead of virtualization is a problem, but in general it has worked well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>