Re: if no NFS server clients are waiting..

Rick Stevens wrote:
Michael Casey wrote:
the fstab entry is this

vim /etc/fstab
192.168.1.1:/mnt/share/ /home/user/Desktop/Share/ nfs
defaults,ro,nfsvers=3,nolock 0 0

By default, NFS mounts are "hard" so if the server goes bye-bye the
client will lock up until the server comes back.

Generally both 'soft' and 'intr' can be used to allow the client to handle server issues. Neither is default, and you don't want to disable anything you can't run without.

Try adding "soft,retrans=6" to the mount options:

    defaults,ro,nfsvers=3,nolock,soft,retrans=6

See if that helps.  Oh, and you might want to try doing TCP rather than
the default UDP (add "tcp" to the options).

??? Unless both wireshark and the man page are wrong, TCP has been the default for ages.

-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -

Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>