How to set group of video and audio devices automatically

Hello,

I am running f9.

How do you set the owner/group of the various audio and video devices I have on my machine? When I plug in a webcam, it is recognized and the correct modules are loaded, but the ownership is set to root:root and the permissions 660.

It used to be done in udev, but something is overriding my udev rules, and I seem to recall that there used to be something in /etc/security/console.perms.d too, but I can't remember what.

Of course I can become root and change the permissions manually, but that gets old. I would like to have the permissions set correctly when the devices are detected.

So how do I do that?

Regards,

Derek