Kerberos (kinit) callback when VPN is established?

Hello,

I kinit with my office's Kerberos infrastructure both from home (via VPN) and the office (via wired network). When I log in from the office, the krb server is available straight away and Gnome gives me the popup telling me my ticket has expired and I can get a new one.

When I VPN in, however, there's no event that raises the popup to do the same. Is there some way to get a callback today in F10?

It seems conceptually possible. If there's no way currently, can this be done through some event/notify framework (is this what DBus is for??)?

Thanks for reading,

Chris