Kerberos (kinit) callback when VPN is established?

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Tue May 19 13:52:34 UTC 2009

Hello,

I kinit with my office's Kerberos infrastructure both from home (via
VPN) and the office (via wired network).  When I log in from the office,
the krb server is available straight away and Gnome gives me the popup
telling me my ticket has expired and I can get a new one.

When I VPN in, however, there's no event that raises the popup to do the
same.  Is there some way to get a callback today in F10?

It seems conceptually possible.  If there's no way currently, can this
be done through some event/notify framework (is this what DBus is for??)?

Thanks for reading,

Chris