So what's the deal with Xen?

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Tue May 19 15:30:24 UTC 2009

Mark Haney wrote:
> Taylor, Tim wrote:
>
>> You might want to take a look at xenner.  This is a utility that can run a Xen DomU vm on the KVM hypervisor.
>>
>> - Tim
>>

> Again, I'm still screwed.  It doesn't matter if there is an emulator for
> Xen on KVM if you don't have hardware that supports KVM.  Hence, my

As far as I know xen will be in F?? when xen get's integrated in the
mainstream kernel. Reason it wasn't included in F9/F10 was that it's too
much work to maintain separare version. Until then it's either F8 or
CentOS.

And there is people working on the xen being in F11 and there have been
even some success on it. You should read fedora-xen and fedora-virt
lists for more info.

-VPK