Tweak F11 by proxy?

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue May 19 17:47:23 UTC 2009

	I want to use a laptop as a proxy for a notebook -- in the sense
of the ordinary English word "proxy," not the specific Internet sense.
Let me explain.

	My wife, with better vision and smaller more adroit hands, will
of course get (and I hope enjoy) my present EeePC 701 if she wants it, as
soon as I get one big enough for my hands and eyes -- but it will be up
to me to get it into the condition she's used to from running Fedora on
her full-sized PCs for the last half-dozen years. She has about as much
interest in computers as I do in golf.

	Suppose I create the live USB stick, and first plug it into a
laptop, such as a T30 or T42 Thinkpad, where I have keyboard & monitor
that accommodate my hands & eyes far better than the EeePC.

	Suppose I then tweak heavily, uninstalling everything we never
use (chat, games, telephony, and more), but adding some others (notably
Alpine, a dozen years' worth of tweaks to that, a long-nurtured
addressbook, her preferred browser, etc.).

	When I shutdown, can I make the USB stick adopt all changes, and
offer them thenceforward instead of the stock version, the way a Live CD-
R of most OSs would do? Or will it perhaps automatically it adopt them?

	Supposing I achieve that, can I then run the live USB stick on
the EeePC, tell it to install, and have it install my pre-twoken version
rather than stock F11??