Fedora 10 Installation: Hangs at *Disabling IRQ #9*

Yang Yang Hu yyh2106 at columbia.edu
Tue May 19 22:03:06 UTC 2009

Hi all,

    I'm currently running a Windows Vista machine, and I'm trying to
install 64-bit Fedora 10 to dual boot.

    I run into my problem after I select the *Install* option from the
Fedora welcome screen, as the installer tries to load but then stops at
*Disabling IRQ #9*. It continues to stall until the computer overheats,
and while it hangs, the disk does not do work.

    Is this a common bug in the Fedora 10 installer? How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Yang Hu