Re: Backing up whole system

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I usually do use /usr/local for that, the exceptions being, for instance,
> when I built the newer kaffeine, I wanted to replace the broken version
> 8.3 with 8.4.

Are you sure you're talking about Kaffeine? The current version of Kaffeine
is 0.8.7, F9 updates, F10 and F11 all have it.

> I couldn't remove 8.3 because of dependencies that took half of kde
> with it.

And Kaffeine isn't required by anything. Are you mixing it up with something
else? Or do you maybe have the broken yum-remove-with-leaves plugin
installed? (If so, remove that plugin right now, it's broken by design.)

        Kevin Kofler