yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?

Due to certain circumstances, my live server is still on Fedora Core 5.
Does anyone know what are the necessary steps to upgrade to say, Fedora 10?

I've tried yum update and although there are dependency errors, I'm sure
I can get past that. But what I would like to know is is it safe?

I'll be skipping 5 major revisions! I don't want to upgrade to Fedora 7
because it's only a matter of time before it's deprecated as well. I
figure if I'm going to do it, I might as well go big.

Any thoughts?