yum upgrade Fedora Core 5 -> Fedora Core 10?

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Wed May 20 07:06:28 UTC 2009

Frank Murphy (Frankly3d) wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 05/20/2009 11:57 AM, :: [F]usion[S]tream :: -- Gmail wrote:
>>> Due to certain circumstances, my live server is still on Fedora Core 5.
>>> Does anyone know what are the necessary steps to upgrade to say,
>>> Fedora 10?
> If you do really need longer deploy life,
> maybe CentOS 5.x Unsure if you can crossgrade
> from F5 to CentOS5.X

This should normally not be that difficult as CentOS 5 is based on FC6
You should grab the release rpm package, and replace manually, then you
can yum update to CentOS 5

I you do decide to do this, please document how you did it and report
back to the CentOS wiki or forum, this information is also useful  to
other users

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be