Bluez under Fedora-10/KDE

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed May 20 21:14:59 UTC 2009

Is anyone running bluez under Fedora-10?
Preferably under KDE.

As far as I can make out, there has been a large
(but apparently completely undocumented) change in bluez;
passkey-agent and hcid.conf seem to have disappeared,
and it is not clear to me how bluetooth devices are meant to pair.

I have an SCR bluetooth dongle, seen by "hciconfig -a".
I can see my phone:
---------------------------------
[tim at mary ~]$ sudo hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5       eulalie
[tim at mary ~]$ sudo rfcomm bind 0 00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5
[tim at mary ~]$ rfcomm
rfcomm0: 00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5 channel 1 clean
[tim at mary ~]$ rfcomm connect 00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5
[At this point I am asked on my phone for my passkey;
and I put in a random key.
I expect to be asked for the key on my laptop,
but I just get:]
Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Connection refused

Any suggestions or enlightenment gratefully received.
[I should perhaps mention that I tried running kdebluetooth4,
but I could not understand what this application is meant to do,
as it is completely devoid of documentation.]

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net