Re: Bluez under Fedora-10/KDE

On 05/20/2009 05:22 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:
As far as I can make out, there has been a large
(but apparently completely undocumented) change in bluez;
passkey-agent and hcid.conf seem to have disappeared,
and it is not clear to me how bluetooth devices are meant to pair.
Bluez is supposed to call a D-Bus helper to prompt for input, and
kdebluetooth4 provides such a helper.

         Kevin Kofler

Do you have a file  /home/user/.config/autostart/hdebluetooth4.desktop ?

This will put a bluetooth icon in the Tray on Panel.

Right click on bluetooth icon and Left click on "Device Manager", When Device Manager
opens , is your bluetooth device shown under Tasks, in box ?

Mine was shown, but I had to 'Remove' it and add 'New' and follow instructions to enable
Bluetooth Device.