KDE4: Monitor goes blank when entering Systems Settings>Display

I have a Dell D610 with an external display Sceptre 24". In Gnome I am able to set this display to 1920x1200 with no problems. In KDE it defaults to approx 1200x768 and when I go to Systems Settings>Display the monitor goes blank. Restarting X gets me my monitor back
Sam