Re: What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi,

I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular basis
that is not available via the Fedora repository. Software that you
suggest should be free and open source, free of patent and other legal
issues.

Tell me the home page of the software and give me a brief description on
what it does.  Bonus points if you can see in Google for "software-name
fedora package review" to figure it if it is already in the Fedora
package review queue. If you know of RPM packages in other distributions
for the software your are suggesting, that information is useful as well.

Name: OpenAFS

Home page:  http://www.openafs.org/

AFS is a distributed filesystem product, pioneered at Carnegie Mellon University and supported and developed as a product by Transarc Corporation (now IBM Pittsburgh Labs). It offers a client-server architecture for federated file sharing and replicated read-only content distribution, providing location independence, scalability, security, and transparent migration capabilities. AFS is available for a broad range of heterogeneous systems including UNIX, Linux, MacOS X, and Microsoft Windows.

Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_File_System

RPMs:  http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=openafs