snd-hda-intel options in modprobe

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Sat May 23 12:41:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm working on my laptop to better use mic, headphone and speaker
(internal and external).

The laptop is a Vaio VGN-FW11E and the sound card is

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Sony Corporation Unknown device 9035
        Memory at d5200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [70] Express Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel <?>
        Capabilities: [130] Root Complex Link <?>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc RV620 Audio device [Radeon HD 34xx Series]
        Subsystem: Sony Corporation Unknown device 9035
        Memory at d0030000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [a0] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information <?>
        Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
        Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

With a standard Fedora 9 installation (updated) I can use the speaker
and an external mic.
I can use also the camera but not the internal mic (that I think is
present near the camera).
Alsamixer and kmix do not show options for mic other that "Front mic".
When I insert headphone, the speaker continue to sound (and also the
headphone).

I tried to use other models for hda-intel driver using the options files
in /etc/modprobe.d
whith
 options snd-hda-intel model=hippo
headphone inserting mute the speaker, but mic do not work
kmix shows
  mic - front mic - line - CD as input source but noone works without an
external mic

with
 options snd-hda-intel model=sony-assamd
is the same but with less options as input and output.

Someone can help my to found the right model?

Alsa modules installed are
 alsa-lib-1.0.17-2.fc9.i386.rpm
 alsa-utils-1.0.17-2.fc9.i386.rpm

tnx to all