F11p Wine?

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sun May 24 20:31:59 UTC 2009

	Under F10 Wine, I had finally gotten Garmin Mapsource (both
TopoUS2008 and MetroGuide) not only to install, but (at last, at long,
long last!) to talk to my GPSs. Ditto my topo map software from Maptech.

	So I figured I didn't need my dedicated XP laptop any more, and
installed F11 Preview on it.

	Then I tried to install my old MetroGuide CDs. I fooled it (with
a paperclip) into letting me give it the second CD, but couldn't get it
to take the first one back when it demanded that.

	Then I tried with TopoUS2008. That "ended abnormally."

	I noticed, when PackageKit installed Wine to F11p, it added in a
whole bunch of related stuff; but neither "yum remove wine" nor "yum
install wine" mentioned any of them. (Yum update wine had done nothing.)

	Is Wine one of the things that will be different in full F11? Or
is my ancient posterior now composed of monocotyledonous green plants?