Re: KDE Wallet - why does it ask?

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I don't use Kmail, but AFAIK when Kmail stores the account password it
> uses Kwallet to do it. Presumably it used to be able to access the
> wallet automatically e.g. it was keyed to your login password (I'm
> speculating here) and that is what has changed.

KWallet doesn't have a PAM module to key the wallet to the login password.
You can set a blank password, then you won't get prompted for a password to
unlock it (but that also means the encryption is easily reversible, you
have to rely on standard *nix permissions to protect your keys).

        Kevin Kofler