F9 -> F11 with only 1 partition

I'm running 32-bit F9 with only 1 partition.. The lack of a separate
boot partition prevented me from completing the preupgrade to F10. Can I
upgrade to F11 or should I reformat and create 2 partitions before
installing F11 from scratch? If I install from scratch I could switch to
64-bit which would be nice. I would prefer to install/upgrade from DVD.

Thanks.