Re: F11p Wine?

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Take a look at the yum-plugin-remove-with-leaves. It does what you want.

Well, it tries to. More often than not, it does the wrong thing (e.g. where
applications require other applications.) You can't even come close to
reliably solving this problem without tracking which packages were
installed explicitly and which were automatically installed as
dependencies, and remove-with-leaves doesn't even try to do that. And even
if you do that, you can end up removing stuff which wasn't supposed to be
removed.

I can come closer to getting a working system with simple logic which says that if I remove A which depends on B, remove B as well unless some other installed package depends on B. There is some possibility that I installed B manually, but when the other options are (a) manually remove everything you can think of, (b) reinstall, or (c) live with a broken non-functional system, I will take my chances that I would have to reinstall something manually, as opposed to the total assurance that I have to install and configure if I have to reinstall to get back to a working system.

This is Linux not Windows, I don't want it to "know better," I want "careful" by default, but I want the big hammer when I need a big hammer. Fedora is far from "nanny Linux" now, dangerous power tools are not only permitted but encouraged.

can we get yum 3.2.23 in for release? Or at least in fedora-testing?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>