Re: hide hidden files at gnome desktop

L wrote:
Hi,

I want hide hidden files/folders at gnome desktop. I tried both ways as below

1 hide hidden files in a particular folder by selecting View->Show
Hidden Files. UN-TICKED

2 create a text file named .hidden in the home folder, and add all
.files and .dirs to it

The hidden files are still shown.

any tips?

thanks

Main Gnome Menu Bar:
System->Preferences->Personal->File Management->Views->Default View

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>