Re: What /dev is ethernet Webcam

Jim wrote:
FC10

I have a Linksys Wireless-G PTZ WVC210 Ip/ethernet/wireless 802.1 webcam.
it displays video fine in Firefox at 172.16.1.36, how do I find out what /dev it is running on ?

The fact it's called an "IP/Ethernet/Wireless webcam" should give you
an indication.  It's a website--not a device--as far as your system is
concerned.

Only devices which plug into your motherboard directly using something
other than the network interface (e.g. PCI bus, USB, Firewire, etc.)
show up under /dev.
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -