Re: What /dev is ethernet Webcam

On 05/26/2009 02:19 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
Jim wrote:
FC10

I have a Linksys Wireless-G PTZ WVC210 Ip/ethernet/wireless 802.1 webcam. it displays video fine in Firefox at 172.16.1.36, how do I find out what /dev it is running on ?

The fact it's called an "IP/Ethernet/Wireless webcam" should give you
an indication.  It's a website--not a device--as far as your system is
concerned.

Only devices which plug into your motherboard directly using something
other than the network interface (e.g. PCI bus, USB, Firewire, etc.)
show up under /dev.
-              Where there's a will, I want to be in it.             -

Then if there connected as a network, and their not a device.
How would I be able to tell if Zoneminder or VLC can connect to them, or is connected to them ?