hardware for fedora

Hello all,

Time has come to replace my ancient circa 2001
computers with something new.  I will probably
buy the parts and build them myself (although
if anyone can recommend a vendor that uses
high quality components, I'll consider that
as well) but want to make sure I end up with
systems that can run Fedora trouble free.

I'm planning on two identical boxes, one running
an Evil Empire OS, the other Fedora.  I want good
performance (the Fedora box will be running servers
(postgresql, apache, postfix, dns, etc) as well as
acting as an interactive development machine.
Although I want good performance, having a trouble
and complication-free install and operation is
higher priority.

I have just spent several days of mostly fruitless
googling and found large amounts of out-dated,
questionable, ambiguous, contradictory, and other
not-so-good info.

What I would really like is a collection of tested
specifications: "I used a Fruble-2500 motherboard,
Caterpillar D50 Case, a Dustin Wigetal XZ123 250G
hard drive, Sparker T800 800W power supply,...blah,
blah..., and F10 installed and ran with no problems".

Does any one have any hardware "recipes" like this
(or a pointer to a web site with some?)  Thanks.