Re: Globbing with scp

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Suvayu Ali wrote:
scp -r user host:~/.emacs* .

This copied over all my emacs related stuff from the remote machine
to my present working directory without any hicups. The directory
structures were also preserved, and I didn't need to escape the '*'.

You would have if you already had ~/.emacs* files present (at least,
if you had files/folders that matched the ~/.emacs* glob differently
on the localhost than you did on the remote).

Yeah you are probably correct, because the directory I tried this in didn't have any files that would match the glob.

--
Suvayu