emacs c++ code completion help

Armin Moradi amoradi at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 01:10:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Armin Moradi <amoradi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Armin Moradi wrote:
>>>
>>> Here we go, I got it working:
>>> Download these files:
>>> auto-complete.el
>>> auto-complete-cpp.el
>>> auto-complete-gtags.el
>>> auto-complete-semantic.el
>>> auto-complete-yasnippet.el
>>>
>>> put them in a directory, let's say ~/.emacs.d/elisp/
>>>
>>> then add this to your ~/.emacs file:
>>>
>>> ====================
>>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elisp")
>>> (require 'auto-complete)
>>> (global-auto-complete-mode)
>>> ====================
>>>
>>> It worked for me, but let me know if it worked for you too!  (the
>>> auto-completion is really nice btw!)
>>>

>> I couldn't get it to auto-complete C++ keywords _not_ present in the buffer.
>> So I changed my auto-complete-cpp.el (attached below). I made some minor
>> changes to an example code posted on the emacs wiki page to include
>> auto-complete both from the current buffer and from a list of keywords
>> defined in auto-complete-cpp.el.
>>
>> Now my .emacs looks like this,
>>
>> ;; load path for elisp files
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elisp")
>>
>> ;; autocomplete extension
>> (require 'auto-complete)
>> (when (require 'auto-complete nil t)
>>  (require 'auto-complete-cpp)
>>
>>  (global-auto-complete-mode))
>>
>> --
>> Suvayu
>>
>> Open source is the future. It sets us free.
>>
>> --
>>

> That didn't help the dot(.) problem.  But thanks nevertheless.
>
> --
> Armin Moradi

When I try to install the development version of auto-complete using
auto-install, it gives me several errors on missing files:

auto-complete-ruby.el -> Cannot open rcodetools
auto-complete-semantic -> Cannot open semantic-ia
auto-complete-yasnippet -> Cannot open yasnippet

Where can I find those files?

--
Armin Moradi