help

Hi
I'm using fedora core 5 i'm not able to install mozilla firefox tarball to get latest version,Unable to play movies in totem media player it's showing error that it needs a decoder,unable to use openoffice it says it needs jre even though i installed it help me i can't use earlier versions because i have less graphics memory