Screensaver usurpation

	This is far from new; I've seen it with the last several releases
of Fedora, and keep forgetting to ask about it.

	I happen to prefer xscreensaver, which always insists on
installation that gnome-screensaver be installed, too. So I install it,
and make sure it's xscreensaver that I run.

	Often, however, it stops working after a while. When that
happens, and I launch it, it gives me two messages. One says gnome-
screensaver's daemon, or something, is running, and asks whether to stop
it. Given that, it then says its own is not running, and asks whether to
start.

	I've tried the big hammer more than once -- told yum to remove
gnome-screensaver; but it always threatens to take xscreensaver with it.

	Is there anything I can do about this usurpation? Or if not,
might some developer in an idle moment take a hard look at the
dependencies?