Re: Screensaver usurpation

Around 03:51pm on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 (UK time), Beartooth scrawled:

> 	Is there anything I can do about this usurpation? Or if not,
> might some developer in an idle moment take a hard look at the
> dependencies?

I do the following horrible hack:

Hide the first of the System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel ->
Screensaver entries as this is the gnome-screensaver one. To get GNOME
to run xscreensaver I do a bit of a hack by renaming the
gnome-screensaver program, and then symlinking the xscreensaver program
to gnome-screensaver.

# cd /usr/bin
# mv gnome-screensaver gnome-screensaver.old
# ln -s xscreensaver gnome-screensaver

I said it was horrible :-)

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 15:55:16 up 18 days,  2:19,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.05, 0.09