From: net foss <netfoss gmail com>
Subject: Re: What software is missing in the Fedora repository?
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 11:25 AM

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular basis
> that is not available via the Fedora repository. Software that you
> suggest should be free and open source, free of patent and other legal
> issues.
>
> Tell me the home page of the software and give me a brief description on
> what it does. Bonus points if you can see in Google for "software-name
> fedora package review" to figure it if it is already in the Fedora
> package review queue. If you know of RPM packages in other distributions
> for the software your are suggesting, that information is useful as well.
>

> Rahul

network simulator ns-2
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam/

Ns is a discrete event simulator targeted at networking research.
Ns provides substantial support for simulation of TCP, routing,
and multicast protocols over wired and wireless (local and satellite) networks.

There are old RPMs for PLD.
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2325036/com/ns-2.27-7.i386.rpm.html