Re: I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ...

On 5/28/09, Sharpe, Sam J <sam sharpe+lists redhat gmail com> wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
>> > Only because people like you perpetuate some stupid myth that
>> PulseAudio is
>> > evil.
>>
>> This is not true (and is an insult, I'd think).
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> > So PulseAudio is a mixing solution which works for everyone.
>>
>> You must be joking.
> You will probably find that the people who want to get rid of pulseaudio
> are the vocal minority. For the rest of us, we don't complain because it
> works perfectly fine for us.

You may or may not be right; unless you have numbers, it's really a
question of faith. But that was not the question here. "PA works for
the majority" is a very different (and possibly true) statement from
"PA works for everyone", which is obviously false, and "Most people
wanted to get rid of pulseaudio only because people like you
perpetuate some stupid myth that PulseAudio is evil" which is worse.

> I quite like pulseaudio actually...

Good for you!

Andras