Kernel update nuked my machine

Tuesday evening the automatic updater downloaded a kernel update.  After
rebooting all I get is a totally black screen with "GRUB_" in the upper
left corner of the screen.  It responds to nothing on the keyboard.

This is a dual boot Dell machine with FC10 and Windows XP.

Any suggestions?  Is there something I can do with the rescue CD or is
it best to wait for FC11 and try to just do an update from there?

Thanks in advance.

Herb "I now own a boat anchor" Smith