Kernel update broke my system.

While I was conducting a web meeting with a number of people yesterday my keyboard stopped working. Thats the second time its happened and I was forced to reboot! Imagine my acute frustration that because of a kernel update the boot loader failed and I was left with a blinking cursor! While 10 people patiently waited on the phone I had to boot the installer and go through the "change boot loader" part of an os upgrade. Luckly that worked and I was back in business in about 15 minutes. I suspect that all my raving about the stability of linux over windows is now the source of some humor in my company and the 3 other companies represented on the call....

The kernel update that "got me" was:  kernel-2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64
ackkptewee :-)
wcn