Re: OT: Can Reformatting A Hard Drive To ext3 Destroy All the Data On It?

2009/5/30 Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel infinity-ltd com>:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>>
>> I generally take the drives out to the desert and use /sbin/detonate.
>> As Jamie Hyneman once said on "Mythbusters"...
>>
>>     When in doubt....C4!
>>
> Can I come with the next time you take one out? They will not let me
> play with C4 any more. :(

I've never been "allowed" to play with explosives (I don't live in the
US). This has not stopped me building up a considerable corpus of
personal knowledge about them. C4 is not a particularly cheap or easy
thing to use - if you want to blow things up, take some lessons from
McVeigh or Kaczynski and use something more common and easy to obtain!

--
Sam