Re: Adding X after the fact ...

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>    I have a server that was upgraded to FC10 a while back (and kept up
> to date through yum.)  When I first did the install, I didn't bother
> to put X on it since at the time I didn't really care to have it now.
> But now I do. So what's the best way to go about this? I don't want to
> redo the whole system to do this.  Can I simply do it through yum and
> does it actually work if I did that, or will I end up with a bunch of
> missing stuff?

yum groupinstall "X Window System"  as a good start?

followed by

yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment"
yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"

--
Humor in the Court: Q: Are you sexually active? A: No, I just lie there.
Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg