Re: Adding X after the fact ...

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>
>>    I have a server that was upgraded to FC10 a while back (and kept up
>> to date through yum.)  When I first did the install, I didn't bother
>> to put X on it since at the time I didn't really care to have it now.
>> But now I do. So what's the best way to go about this? I don't want to
>> redo the whole system to do this.  Can I simply do it through yum and
>> does it actually work if I did that, or will I end up with a bunch of
>> missing stuff?
>>

> yum groupinstall "X Window System"  as a good start?

Remove "?".   It should have been "." as I've done this before and it
worked fine for me when combined with below.  It was a while ago.....but
I think I had to add a few things over time as I found them missing but
certainly no show stoppers and certainly easier than reinstalling.

--
"`Credit?' he said. `Aaaargggh...' These two words are usually coupled
together in the Old Pink Dog Bar." - Ford in a spot of bother.