Re: Application Server Software For Fedora 10/11/CentOS

On 05/29/2009 12:36 PM, RS wrote:
On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 22:35 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
I'm interested in setting up a Fedora system as an application server so
that it works like/has features similar to IBM's WebSphere Application
Server. I can't afford IBM's licensing costs. Is there an open source
application server that works more or less the same and will run on
either Fedora 10 or 11 or CentOS?

Bob Cochran

Depends on the features you need from the app server. IBM ships a
boatload of "enterprise" features with the websphere stack. If you need
EJB, Messaging, web services, JSF and other Java EE 5 features your
options are:

* JBoss
* Glassfish
* Apache Geronimo

All of the above are FOSS one way or the other

For lighter JSP/Servlet/Spring type apps:

* Tomcat
* Jetty

Thank you very much for your suggestions, Ravi and Veli-Pekka!