Re: OT: Can Reformatting A Hard Drive To ext3 Destroy All the Data On It?

Robert L Cochran wrote:

> Thanks very much to all who responded! I'm going to use Alan's
> suggestion first of all

if you are going to resell drive/system, ok.

> For good measure maybe I'll dump a pound or so of salt in a gallon of
> nice hot water and drop the hard drive in and wait for signs of rust to
> appear. Ha ha!

is 'ha ha' because of suggestions, or aluminum rusting?

if you have no need for drive and wish to insure removing all data,
take drive apart, remove disk and burn oxide coating with a torch.
or use lighter fluid or charcoal starter.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****