help: fedora installation to USB external hard disk

I am new for Fedora.
I was trying to install Fedora 10 core to my external USB 40GB harddisk using bootable Fedora 10 core DVD.
I have unplugged all internal hard disk for any risk.
But while installation it was not detecting USB hard disk.
Can anybody help me regarding this issue.

Regards,
Sumit