WSJ - Article on Linux netbooks

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 30 08:44:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 13:38 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> The only challenge is for netbook manufacturers to produce a usable
> system that they can sell without a bunch of returns.

Geez.  If a computer manufacturer isn't able to get enough details from
the chipset manufacturer to create a working driver, for their own
product, to go with any of several well supported distributions, then
what hope has anybody else?!

I see no excuse for a manufacturer releasing a computer that doesn't
work, or work well.  (Not that's stopped HP from releasing incredibly
crappy Pavillion computers, in the past.  But it's inexcusable.)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.