EeePC - Fedora or Ubuntu?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat May 30 18:35:20 UTC 2009

Beartooth wrote:

>> In any case, I decided to try Fedora-10, and found that much more to my
>> liking. It actually worked better on my EeePC-4G, eg WiFi (to my
>> surprise) worked out of the box, while eeebuntu seemed to require
>> madwifi .

> 	I have the 701, one of the earliest smallest slowest, and have
> been trying one distro after another. I did not get the good result with
> F10 that others did -- some error of mine, no doubt, but I don't know
> what.

My EeePC is also a 701.
As far as I can see, Fedora-10 runs exactly the same on this machine
as on my other laptops.
Is your objection to Fedora-10 itself?
(In which case you might like Eeebuntu.)
Or is there some problem with running Fedora-10 on this machine?

If I had my time again I would probably use ext2 rather than ext3
as I have seen some warnings against ext3 on SSDs.
I don't know if it is possible to downgrade an existing system?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net