Re: I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ... (Gene Heskett)

Gene Heskett wrote:

> I've since rebooted, trying a different kernel build not related to this.
>
> On the reboot, it logged:
> May 30 10:02:11 coyote pulseaudio[4417]: alsa-util.c: Cannot find fallback
> mixer control "PCM" or mixer control is no combination of switch/volume.
> May 30 10:02:11 coyote pulseaudio[4417]: alsa-util.c: Cannot find fallback
> mixer control "Mic" or mixer control is no combination of switch/volume.
>
> So this may explain by inference what isn't right.  Clues please.

You may want to check /etc/asound.conf. I had a problem where it had
the wrong device listed. The file is generated by
system-config-soundcard, but it seams to have problems correcting it
when it makes a mistake. If I could reporduce it, I would file a bug
report...

Mike
--
Remember: