Make a simple server -

What do I need to do to make a spare computer into a file server accessible only on my home LAN? I would like to be able to read and write files to it. My computers are running F-10, I believe the one I am considering using still has F-8 or 9 on it but it could be upgraded.

I've googled a bit but most of what I found would do more than what I need.

Bob