Re: Make a simple server -

Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 18:19 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
What do I need to do to make a spare computer into a file server accessible only on my home LAN? I would like to be able to read and write files to it. My computers are running F-10, I believe the one I am considering using still has F-8 or 9 on it but it could be upgraded.

I've googled a bit but most of what I found would do more than what I need.
----
perhaps you might want to synthesize your thoughts now that you  googled
a bit.

Craig

For instance: "This is a detailed description about how to set up a Fedora 10 server that offers all services needed by ISPs and hosters: Apache web server," That seems a bit more than I need. It seems to me I should be able to assign the server and address like 192.168.1.10 and access it like any other computer in the house. But I don't know where to start. Just need a clue as to where to look ...

//