Re: Make a simple server -

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 18:19:03 -0400
Bob Goodwin wrote:

What do I need to do to make a spare computer into a file server accessible only on my home LAN? I would like to be able to read and write files to it. My computers are running F-10, I believe the one I am considering using still has F-8 or 9 on it but it could be upgraded.

Just set up /etc/exports and start the nfs server.

Ok, thanks, that gives me a starting point.

Bob