the ultimate fedora laptop?

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:04:42 UTC 2009

> beyond the standard virt support, is it worth looking at
> IOMMU support?  (intel calls it VT-d, while AMD calls it AMD-Vi.  are
> laptops shipping with that feature these days?  is it immediately
> useful?)

As for VT-d and AMD-Vi, I believe these -are- the standard hardware
virtualization support.  They're definitely available in a lot of
Intel processors (even some Atom processors), and isn't there some
intel page that lists features of all their processor lines?  You can
check for VT-d in whichever one for the laptop.