"shutdown now" on F11 as root problems and app crashes in VNC sessions

Comcast Mail kc8ldo at arrl.net
Mon Nov 2 00:21:55 UTC 2009

Frank;

Thanks for the reply. The name is in the message by the way.

So I take it that some "option" always has to be specified when using the
command?

Example:

shutdown -P now

If an option is required it would be nice to at least get an error message
to that effect so I would know I did something stupid. Otherwise it looked
like it worked until I noticed the directly attached console screen.

73's

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO