Impossible to access boot menu

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:42:12 UTC 2009

Mikkel <mikkel <at> infinity-ltd.com> writes:

> Depending on the hardware, it may retaining settings during a
> reboot, but not when you power off the machine, and then power it up
> again. This can sometimes cause strange problems. This is especially
> true when booting a different operating system with out powering off
> the machine.
>
> There are also two ways to reboot a machine without powering it off.
> The "warm" boot does not normally re-initialize the hardware. A
> "cold" boot does run the initialization routines routines, but the
> hardware may not be properly initialized.
>
> Mikkel

Yes indeed - in my case it was a Logitech Cordless Mouse - I don't know if
in this case changing BIOS settings would have helped - however even after
a shutdown and power off, and then booting from scratch now gives mouse input
that is properly recognised without the need to pull and replug the usb
connector.