package for basic examination of .dv video files?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Nov 2 18:49:25 UTC 2009

  is there a package of basic .dv video file utilities, particularly
for just *examining* the properties of a .dv file?  i've yum searched
and nothing jumps out at me.  i'm just after some command-line
utilities that allow me to *inspect* the innards of various video file
formats, not necessarily do any transformations.  thanks.

rday