pdf viewer wont zoom in enough

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 2 22:42:36 UTC 2009

On 11/03/2009 01:42 AM, Andras Simon wrote:
> On 11/2/09, David Timms<dtimms at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> Wondering if anyone is having trouble reading pdf files. Document
>> Viewer. Using poppler 0.10.7 (cairo), opens the pdf OK, but even at the
>> largest zoom (400%), the page is shown at less than the full height of
>> the screen, making it real hard to read it.
>>
>> What's with that ?
>
> Can't the pdf file itself be the culprit?
Possibly, I don't know enough about it.

> Did you try other pdf-viewers?
Yes, xpdf can zoom in appropriately to be able to read the pages.

I was guessing that somehow a setting of dots per inch on my screen is
out of kilter, or trouble with fonts, or ?

Conversely, all existing pdfs that are on my machine have this problem
(with Doc Viewer).

DaveT.