For Computer/Electronic Engineer types -- Intel Data Sheet interpretation ?!?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Tue Nov 3 17:34:41 UTC 2009

Hi;

I have the 102 page Intel Data Sheet in front of me.  I am trying to
determine the High and Low voltage numbers for transistors on my
system.

I am not trying to do anything mysterious or build a CPU in my garage.
I am just doing a small write up for myself that has an introductory
paragraph for a section on how DRAM memory works that says something
like "My machine's CPU and Memory transistors typically use XXX volts
when thrust High and XXX volts when driven Low."  I understand that
things can get more complex, but I am only trying to establish a sense
or feel of what is happening inside, not write a technical manual for
engineers.

All the various Vtt, Vcc, Vss, VID etc. are getting confusing.  I will
either have to spend a couple of days googling trying to interpret the
Data Sheet or take a short cut by asking here.

What designation or parameters should I be looking at for high and low
voltage (logical/binary 1 and logical/binary 0)?

I am using the Intel 318732.pdf {Core 2 Duo Processor Data Sheet}.

lshw says I have a:
product: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E7400  @ 2.80GHz
vendor: Intel Corp.
bus info: cpu at 0